Part 4 - Chennai Diaries: The Final Phase and Fun

 As the new year began, my full-month salary got credited to my account.

I was so happy! I gifted something to each of my family members and treated myself to two watches—a Wrogn and a Casio. And a watch case to keep them all together. Yeah, I love watches. Here's my collection.


In the first week of January, Amjad vacated the room, leaving just Pravin and me as roommates.

The Final Phase of Training

The last phase of our training began.

Two cohorts were merged, and we were assigned a spacious classroom. Now, our strength was 34 people. The schedule was simple—our trainer would teach for 2.5 hours, and after that, the rest of the day was ours.

New classroom, new people sitting beside me. But I made sure my neighbors were Waris, Ali, and Subhashish. From now on, we sat together throughout the training.

The classroom had a mic and a speaker, so we turned it into our personal karaoke setup. Everyone tried singing, and then they asked me to show my ramp walk. Of course, I delivered.

One day, I even attempted acting—I performed the funny train scene from Chennai Express. People laughed, and honestly, I loved it. Making people laugh is something I genuinely enjoy.

Click here to watch the video!

The First Weekend of 2025 – Go-Karting!

Waris, Subhashish, and I decided to go karting.

For them, it was going to be their first time experiencing the adrenaline rush, but for me, it was my second. My first time was in Pune, a month after my eye surgery, with one of my closest friends, Krushnal.

We paid ₹350 for 5 minutes of racing, and there we were—zooming on the track, feeling the thrill.

After karting, we had a really good chai and bun jam at Bilal Café. We wanted bun maska, but they were out. Still, it was a good day.

Pongal Celebrations

In mid-January, our office had Pongal celebrations.

There were fun games like lemon and spoon, rolling the tyre with a stick, langdi, eat the bun, break the pot, etc.

I participated in lemon and spoon and eat the bun. Didn't win, but had a great time.

Aditya’s Birthday Celebration

On the night of January 24th, at exactly 12:00 AM, we celebrated Aditya’s birthday on the terrace of our PG. 

He later invited us for dinner at a fancy restaurant, and man, the food was delicious!

Missing Home

January 31st was my cousin sister’s wedding.

I was stuck in Chennai due to training and couldn't attend. All my favorite relatives were there, having fun, and I was missing out. That day hit me hard—I really felt the distance from home.

Final Assessment – The SME

February started, and the final assessment (SME) was scheduled for February 18th.

Ali and I were preparing both consciously and subconsciously. We wrote sticky notes saying:

  • SME: 100%
  • Final Evaluation: Green
  • Project Location: Hyderabad
  • You are enough
  • Wealth ++

We pasted them on our desks, manifesting our goals.



Ever since I read The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, I’ve believed in manifestations.

By the way, I’ve read 5 books since coming to Chennai:

  1. How to Win Friends and Influence People
  2. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  3. The Psychology of Money
  4. The Art of Being Alone
  5. Master Your Emotions

And currently I am reading Dark Matter, bought from Subhashish.  

Reading books has been one of the best habits I’ve picked up. The knowledge I’ve gained is incredible, and that’s why I keep pushing my younger brother, Aadil, to read. He may not see it now, but one day, he’ll thank me for it.

I used to regret not starting earlier, but what’s the point? What matters is now. The present moment is in our hands, and what we do today shapes our future.

Oats & Custom Mini Meals

During training, we started eating oats in our short 4 PM break.

Ali and I ordered oats and jaggery powder to curb our choti choti bhook. It worked.

Then I thought, Why not make it healthier?

I added unflavored protein powder, and Ali added flax seeds. Boom! A customized mini meal.

The SME Exam – Do or Die

We finally attempted the SME on February 18th.

Clearing it on the first attempt meant we could leave Chennai earlier—at least, that’s what we hoped.

Failing meant staying for at least 15 more days. And with summer creeping in, trust me, you do not want to experience Chennai’s heat.

Now, all we could do was wait for the results.


(End of part 4.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PRK Journey: The Ride to Clear Vision

Part 3 - Milestones & Memories: The Journey Through Training

Part 5: The Last Days in Chennai – results, farewells and reflections